https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png 0 0 abensman https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png abensman2017-11-29 20:24:412017-11-29 20:24:41The Spicy Olive’s Grilled Smoky Halibut
The Spicy Olive’s Grilled Smoky Halibut
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil
- 2 inch sprig of fresh rosemary coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium fresh lemons quartered
- 2 pounds fresh halibut fillets about 8oz portions *could use your favorite fresh fish, or chicken, portabello mushroom or eggplant
- Put the rosemary, sea salt, and pepper into a small zip bag. close the bag and crush it a few times between your palms. This will season the salt with rosemary.
- In a large zip bag or container with a lid, place the fish fillets. Sprinkle with the rosemary sea salt and gently massage to coat evenly. Add the smoked olive oil and massage again to coat evenly. Deeply inhale....mmmm....
- Allow the fillets to marinate for about 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. Grill the fish, skin side down, over medium, indirect flame, flipping after about 4 minutes. Pull the fish off the heat source just before it's done, allowing it to rest, loosely covered in foil for 2 minutes before serving. This will allow your fish to cook through from the residual heat as opposed to becoming overdone on the exterior. Serve with lemon wedges.
- If cooking poultry, make sure to cook through to at least 155 degree. Mushrooms and eggplant will require about 15 minutes depending on taste.