The Spicy Olive’s Roasted Beet Salad
Beets are so delicious when they are roasted in olive oil, especially our Blood Orange olive oil. Roasting them in the Blood Orange olive oil brings out the natural sweetness of the beets!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1&1/2 pounds beets fresh
- 8 ounces chevre (fresh goat cheese)
- 6 cups baby arugula or fresh mixed greens
- 1 cup Pecans toasted
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's A-Premium white balsamic vinegar + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 tbsp The Spicy Olive's Champagne & Roasted Garlic or a grainy good quality mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup The SPicy Olive's Ultra Premium extra virgin olive oil + 2 Tablespoons
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim the beets and wrap in a foil packet and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon water before sealing. Roast for 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a knife. Once the beets are cool, peel them by rubbing the skins off with a paper towel. Cut the peeled beets into 1 inch pieces and toss with 2 Tablespoons of both the white balsamic vinegar and olive oil and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining white balsamic with the mustard until well combined.