https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/04/Screen-shot-2017-04-21-at-4.55.08-PM.png 236 299 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2017-04-21 17:23:392017-04-21 17:23:40The Spicy Olive Skillet Paella
The Spicy Olive Skillet Paella
- 3 tbsp The Spicy Olive's Garlic Olive Oil (Could also use Milanese Gremolta or Lemon)
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 2 oz dried chorizo cut into 1/4 cubes
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 3/4 pound large shrimp (about 33) deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- dash Sea Salt
- dash Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Cook until garlic is fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in rice and chorizo and cook until rice is translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook stirring until evaporated, 2 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and cook until shrimp is opaque throughout, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.