https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2020/02/Screen-Shot-2020-02-04-at-6.46.45-PM.png 989 1200 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2020-02-04 18:52:012021-02-22 16:13:57The Spicy Olive’s Vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup
The Spicy Olive’s Vegan Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This soup is cream free, dairy free but it is thick and creamy anyway because of the potatoes and cauliflower that are blended together. As thick and satisfying as a bowl of Baked Potato soup, with no dairy or cheese! The use of The Spicy Olive’s Butter olive oil gives it a RICH BUTTERY flavor but there is no butter in the olive oil!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 3 tbsp. The Spicy Olive's Butter extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock if not vegan can use chicken stock
- 1-2 (12 oz.) russet potato peeled and diced
- 1 lb. fresh cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper if desired
- Heat The Spicy Olive's Butter olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. add onion, thyme, salt and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is very soft and beginning to caramelize, about 10-12 minutes
- Add flour to Dutch oven and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add vegetable stock and diced potato. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir until vegetable broth has thickened. Add cauliflower and reduce heat to medium. Cook uncovered until potatoes and cauliflower are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend soup until thick and smooth. Can also use a blender to do this. Do in batches and be very careful as the mixture can spit and cause burns. Make sure to leave blender lid loose or leave out center and cover with a towel to allow steam to escape.
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy! If you are not concerned about being vegan this soup is delicious with crumbled bacon and scallions.