https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/rice-2103442_640.jpg 426 640 Bryan Fleck https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png Bryan Fleck2017-03-15 14:56:402017-03-15 14:56:40The Spicy Olive’s Mushroom Risotto
The Spicy Olive’s Mushroom Risotto
- 1 cup Onions diced
- 1/4 cup Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms diced
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- Truffle Oil (if desired)
- Truffle Salt (if desired)
- Place 1/4 cup ( minus 3 Tablespoons) Wild Mushroom and Sage olive oil in a saute pan and heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until liquid released from mushrooms. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon Wild Mushroom and Sage olive oil in a high sided pan and add onions. Cook onions until translucent and golden.
- Add rice and stir rice until coated in olive oil, cook 1 minute in oil.
- Add chicken broth 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly over medium heat until liquid almost absorbed, then add another cup of chicken broth. Continue doing this until all chicken broth has been absorbed then add white wine and stir until absorbed. This process should take 20–30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add sauteed mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and 2 Tablespoons of Wild Mushroom and Sage olive oil and stir.
- Finish with a drizzle of White Truffle oil or Truffle salt and Pepper. Enjoy!