https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-28-at-12.43.02-PM.png 297 302 abensman https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png abensman2018-02-28 13:40:492018-02-28 13:40:49The Spicy Olive’s Wild Mushroom and Sage Chicken and Noodles
The Spicy Olive’s Wild Mushroom and Sage Chicken and Noodles
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs or chicken tenders boneless and skinless
- 4 thick strips smoked bacon diced
- 1 large sweet onion sliced thin
- 8 oz assorted wild mushrooms sliced
- 4 inch piece fresh thyme stem discarded
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's 18 year aged Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons The Spicy Olive's Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta or wide egg noodle pasta cooked and drained
- pinch salt and pepper
- In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown the diced bacon to a crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and reserve. Pour off all but a tablespoon of bacon fat. Season the chicken on both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the pan, place it back over the heat, and allow it to heat for a minute over medium-high heat.
- Saute the chicken fora few minutes until golden brown on both sides, in batches if necessary. Do not over-crown the pan. Remove the chicken to a plate and reserve.
- Add the onions to the drippings in the pan. Cook for about five minutes, stirring frequently until the onions become a soft golden brown. Add the mushrooms. Saute for approximately three more minutes over medium-high heat until the mushrooms are browned and slightly caramelized.
- Add the fresh thyme leaves and balsamic to the mushrooms and onions, de-glazing the pan by scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Cook to reduce for a minute. Add the cream and stir to combine. Add the bacon and reserved chicken. Allow the pan to come to a simmer. Cook for another two minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens. Season generously with salt and pepper. Serve over pasta or noodles.