https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2021/06/Screen-Shot-2021-06-16-at-2.05.12-PM.jpg 1270 1330 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2021-06-16 14:23:022021-06-16 14:23:02The Spicy Olive’s Blueberry Buttermilk Cake
The Spicy Olive’s Blueberry Buttermilk Cake
BLUEBERRY BUTTERMILK OLIVE OIL CAKE
This cake is a delightful summer treat or one to make in the winter when you want the summer taste of blueberries (use frozen blueberries then!)
The Spicy Olive’s mild Ultra Premium EVOOs are perfect for this cake or our citrus oils such as Blood Orange or Meyer Lemon would be delicious in this recipe as well as our Butter olive oil. So many options, and they are all good!
- 1/2 cup The Spicy Olive's Mild Extra Virgin Olive oil like Hojiblanca from Australia or Chiqutita from Portugal or Blood Orange or Lemon fused olive oil
- reserve a little olive oil to brush on pan
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups blueberries frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush a 9-inch baking pan with the Australian Hojiblanca EVOO and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of EVOO, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract and 1 cup sugar. In a separate medium bowl, whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine. In a medium/large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of EVOO, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract and 1 cup sugar. In a separate medium bowl, whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine.
- Toss berries on a plate with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, then fold into the batter and transfer to your baking dish.
- Sprinkle and evenly coat the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar on top. Bake until golden, 50 to 55 minutes insert a toothpick into the center, if it comes out clean, it’s done..
- Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!