https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2021/06/Screen-Shot-2021-06-18-at-2.27.10-PM.jpg 1062 1052 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2021-06-18 15:14:122021-06-18 15:14:40The Spicy Olive’s Upside Down Blood Orange Pineapple Cake
The Spicy Olive’s Upside Down Blood Orange Pineapple Cake
UPSIDE-DOWN BLOOD ORANGE PINEAPPLE CAKE
The addition of our Blood Orange olive oil adds a touch of citrus to this version of a Upside Down Pineapple Cake!
- 3 Tablespoons The Spicy Olive's Blood Orange fused olive oil plus 3 teaspoons for cake batter
- 1/3 cup brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Pineapple or 1 can pineapple cut into chunks or rings
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix 3 tsp Fused Blood Orange olive oil with brown sugar and water pour into a 9” round cake pan and spread covering the bottom. Arrange pineapple slices in the pan. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, stir dry ingredients. Add milk. Stir in 3 Tbsp Blood Orange Fused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined and batter has a creamy consistency. Spoon batter over fruit in the 9” round cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. When cake is cooled, loosen from pan, place plate on top of cake and invert cake onto plate. Serve warm.