https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2021/06/Screen-Shot-2021-06-17-at-3.52.14-PM.jpg 1422 1276 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2021-06-17 16:03:552021-06-17 16:03:55The Spicy Olive’s Zucchini Macadamia Nut Bread
The Spicy Olive’s Zucchini Macadamia Nut Bread
ZUCCHINI MACADAMIA NUT BREAD
Here is an idea for what to do with all the zucchini growing in your garden!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||50-60 minutes|
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup The Spicy Olive's medium extra virgin olive oil like our Picual
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Liberally grease a 9" loaf pan with some EVOO. Set aside briefly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate large bowl, combine the Melgarejo Picual, sugars, vanilla and eggs until blended. Gradually add the flour mixture until just barely combined -
- Slowly fold in the zucchini and nuts. You do NOT want to over-mix the batter as this will lead to tough bread. Spoon the batter evenly among the pan(s). Bake for approx. 50-60 minutes or until the top is light golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist - not wet - crumbs. Cool before serving.