https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2018/02/Screen-Shot-2018-02-28-at-12.47.46-PM.png 397 277 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2018-02-28 13:51:532018-02-28 13:51:53The Spicy Olive Green Beans with Mushrooms and Bacon
The Spicy Olive Green Beans with Mushrooms and Bacon
- 2 pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 8 slices Bacon
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup Shallot sliced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 teaspoons The Spicy Olive's Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- Cook beans in boiling salt water for a few minutes until crisp tender, then plunge in ice water to stop cooking process. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, remove bacon. Drain on paper towels. Discard drippings and crumble bacon.
- Saute mushrooms and shallots in the Wild Mushroom and Sage olive oil until the shallots are tender. Add green beans and crushed red pepper and saute 1-2 minutes more. Stir in bacon, black pepper and salt.