https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/granola-683916_640.jpg 437 640 Bryan Fleck https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png Bryan Fleck2017-03-15 15:47:222017-03-16 09:41:23The Spicy Olive’s Oven Roasted Granola
The Spicy Olive’s Oven Roasted Granola
- 6 cups Oats old fashioned (rolled)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Almonds slivered, pecans, walnuts, cashews or a combination
- 1/2 cup Raisins dried cherries, apricots or dried cranberries
- 1 cup Coconut unsweetened flake
- Jelly-roll pan, at least 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 inches
- Preheat the over to 325 F.
- Place oats in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the honey, olive oil, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly with a fork. The mixture will be sticky. Add the nuts and combine well. Transfer the mixture to the jelly roll pan and use a fork to spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir mixture with a fork to separate. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes longer, add dried fruit place in oven 1 more time for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on it as the granola can burn quickly.
- Transfer the granola to a cool cookie sheet or a clean cutting board and cool. If you allow it to cool on the pan, it will harden and be difficult to remove.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.