https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/11/Screen-shot-2017-11-29-at-8.01.10-PM.png 308 783 abensman https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png abensman2017-11-29 20:26:132017-11-29 20:26:13The Spicy Olive’s Vietnamese Fresh Shrimp Spring Roll
The Spicy Olive’s Vietnamese Fresh Shrimp Spring Roll
- 1 package clear edible rice paper sheets
- 1/2 poound U20 shrimp cooked, peeled, deveined, halved
- 1 bunch cilantro washed and dried
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach washed and dried
- 1 Cucumber peeled and cut into very thin strips
- 1 carrot peeled and then shaved into long, thin strips
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons good quality soy saue
- 4 tablespoons The Spicy Olive's Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon The Spicy Olive's Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons The Spicy Olive's Japanese Roasted Sesame Seed Oil
- to taste Hoisin Sauce
- to taste roasted peanuts chopped
- or Vietnamese fish sauce
- In a small bowl, toss the shaved carrot and thinly sliced cucumber with two tablespoons of balsamic set aside
- Heat 3 quarts of water to a gentle simmer. Remove the pot from hear and immediately stir in two tablespoons of soy sauce, and two tablespoons of Honey Ginger balsamic. Add the vermicelli rice noodles to the seasoned water and allow to sit for 10 minutes until tender. Drain well and toss with an additional 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil blended with 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and teaspoon Honey Ginger balsamic set aside.
- Drain the carrot and cucumbers and make sure all other veggies and herbs are cleaned, dried, and set out before you start.
- In a shallow dish such as a pie plate, mix together 1 cup warm water with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of Honey Ginger balsamic. Dip a sheet of rice wrapper into the water very quickly, no longer than a second or two (or they will get too soggy) and lay flat on a work surface.
- On one edge, lay a small handful of noodles, two shrimp halves, some cilantro, a few baby spinach leaves, some cucumber strips, a few pieces of shaved carrot, and a sprinkle of green onions, being careful to not over stuff the roll. Carefully start to roll up eggroll style, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll up-but not too tightly or the spring roll will split.
- Combine a few spoonfuls of hoisin sauce with some chopped peanuts to use as a dipping sauce
- Serve immediately-these do not keep and will harden up in the fridge, so it is best to make just as many as you plan to serve. You can store any extra unassembled fillings in fridge and roll later.