https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2021/09/Screen-Shot-2021-09-08-at-3.33.46-PM.jpg 1132 1328 spicyolive https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png spicyolive2021-09-08 15:47:562021-09-08 15:47:57The Spicy Olive’s Bacon Meatloaf
The Spicy Olive’s Bacon Meatloaf
BACON CHEDDAR MEATLOAF
A delicious week night dinner option to make for your family! The Harissa olive oil and Neapolitan Herb balsamic add lots of flavor and the addition of bacon makes it wonderful!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef 85-90% lean
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp back pepper
- 1 Tbsp The Spicy Olive's Harissa olive oil
- 1/4 cup The Spicy Olive's Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lb. sliced bacon
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 9x5-inch loaf pan with Harissa Infused Olive Oil
- In large bowl, add 1 1/2 lb ground beef, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, ¼ cup of A-Premium Dark Vinegar, 1/4 cup ketchup, 3 tablespoons Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar, 1 cup of breadcrumbs, and 2 eggs; use your hands to mix ingredients together. Set aside.
- Place bacon slices across loaf pan side by side. Place half of the meatloaf mixture in bottom of loaf pan; sprinkle with 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese and ½ cup of mushrooms and place the rest of the meatloaf mixture on top.
- Fold hanging pieces of bacon over top to “wrap the meat”. Bake about 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F).
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and veggies. Optional - Mix 1/2 cup ketchup and 1 tablespoon Neapolitan Herb balsamic vinegar; pour on top of meatloaf while still hot.