https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/04/Screen-shot-2017-04-20-at-3.51.45-PM.png 411 591 Bryan Fleck https://www.thespicyolive.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/69/2017/03/the-spicy-olive-logo-sm-e1597328119664.png Bryan Fleck2017-03-16 09:49:412017-04-20 15:55:46The Spicy Olive’s Tuscan Pot Roast
The Spicy Olive’s Tuscan Pot Roast
- 4 tbsp Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot minced
- 4 lb Beef Chuck or pot roast
- 1 cup Carrots in chunks
- 1/2 cup Red Wine or beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups Portabella Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp A-1 Sauce
- 4 Potatoes cubed
- 28 oz Crushed Tomatoes can
- 1 clove Garlic
- Place the Tuscan Herb olive oil in a heavy dutch oven pan and heat over medium to medium-high heat.
- Place beef roast in pan and brown on all sides.
- Add shallot and garlic and allow to lightly brown, then add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add red wine or broth, water, A-1 Sauce, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots to dutch oven.
You can finish the roast three ways:
- Stove top over low heat for 3-4 hours,
- Crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- Oven set at 250-300° for 2-3 hours.
- Roast will be very tender when done. Serve with red wine, a salad and a loaf of crusty bread with Organic Tuscan Herb olive oil & Traditional balsamic for dipping!